Puppies or young adults available under our Guardian Program
We currently have a three year old female available to a qualified Guardian home.
Please contact us for more information.
About Stannyfield's Guardian Program
We pride ourselves for building our breeding program in such a way that prioritizes responsible practices. All decisions we make have the best interest of every single puppy and dog as our very first priority. For this reason, we have incorporated Guardianship into our breeding program structure. When we want to keep a promising young dog in our breeding program but we don't have the capacity to give the time and attention to the dog that we know he/she requires to reach his/her highest potential as a balanced, happy, healthy shorthair, we will place that breeding prospect with a Guardian family. In our experience, this results in happy puppies, happy families and of course we are thrilled. In a nutshell, here's how it works:
- Our approved Guardian family takes home a breeding quality baby puppy, slightly older puppy or adult that we believe has promise in our breeding program.
- The puppy fee is significantly reduced to compensate our Guardian family.
- On paper, the puppy is registered in our name, however, once the puppy retires from our breeding program, we sign over full ownership to our Guardian family and the dog lives out his/her life with the family he/she has developed a strong bond with.
- We "borrow" the puppy for training, dog shows, other performance events (e.g. hunt tests) and breeding purposes.
- If our Guardian family would like to take a spin in the show ring or field as a handler, we do our best to support that effort.
- We pay all expenses related to breeding, performance events and training related to the activities that we wish to pursue with the puppy.
- Our guardian family is responsible for day-to-day expenses, including annual veterinary care, feeding etc.
If you are interested in learning more about our Guardian Program, please contact us.